LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce the time of a loop

Hello MaxLamb 

I looked over to your code that was attatched and it stands out that you have to make a code review. Try to use small steps and not do everything in one loop. It's a bit difficult for me to exactly see what the problem can be. Do you want to accelerate reading the values outside the buffer or do you try to make everything faster?

Perhaps you can explain the setting of your trial that i can better imagine where you need higher performance in your program. Another option is to use a Real Time system to get higher performance. 

Kind regards

Dominik 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(228 Views)

Hello MaxLamb, 

i think that it would be better if you try to make smaller steps in programming than to program everything in one loop. Perhaps you can tell me the structure of your trial that i have a better imagination of the whole thing you want to do. 

Pherhaps you can help me with some more information. If you only want to get more speed i would advice to use a real time system for better performance. I also don't think that the speed with which the values are read out of the buffe is the problem. The daq assistant you use is a low level VI and it should not have something to do with the buffer size.

I think it would be better to split your measurements in diffrent loops than to make everything in one single loop.

Sorry that i cannot give you a clear answer at this point of time. 

Kind regards 

Dominik 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(224 Views)