LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record data on excel using labview 7 express

Hello,

I am currently using a writefile VI to record data onto an Excel spreadsheet obtaining data from 2 thermocouples.

I was wondering how I could change the format of the sheet so that the data set:

1) shows the absolute time it was taken for each channel reading.

2) uses rows for each channel (currently has channels going down one column) rather than columns.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,555 Views)

Does this "writefile" VI actually use ActiveX to write to an Excel workbook, or is it just writing a delimited text file? Have you tried looking at the Write Spreadsheet File VI that ships with LabVIEW? That writes a delimited text file directly. In you case you could use a string version of it, and if you look at the block diagram for the VI it has instructions on how to create a copy with a new datatype. You can create your array of strings which includes your timestamp column and then simply write out the transposed array.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,541 Views)

Sorry , miscommunication, I am using the Write Spreadsheet File VI and I have handled one of the problems by using the 'transpose' vi.

I'm new to Labview so I was wondering if you could further explain :

'You can create your array of strings which includes your timestamp column and then simply write out the transposed array.'

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,534 Views)

Not sure how you're collecting your data, but here's a simple example:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,514 Views)