From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read array on text file

Now, i have text file and it 's contained 3 columns  1000 rows (i save this data from signals to text file ). I want to read this data
from current text file (.txt) but, only 1st colums 1000 rows . How to fix this problem, please help me.Smiley Sad i have some example about my text file

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,446 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,437 Views)
Just use the "read from spreadsheet file" function have a look at the existing VIs :

Help >> Find Example >> and search for "spreadsheet" there are different VI that can inspire you 😉

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,430 Views)

Thank you,Smiley Wink but i have one problem : i want to sparate  2 D array becomes 1 D array , How can i do this .

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,431 Views)
How do you want to do that ?
If you have 3 lines and 3 columns you want only 1 column of 9 ? If yes, there is a function "reshape array that do this very well 😉

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,423 Views)
What do you mean with "separate 2D array becomes 1D array"? Could you be a bit more precisely?
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,423 Views)
Now, i try to use this (untitled.vi). You can see 2 D array that is the output from the spreadsheet to array
but right now,  I want to use only 1D array because i will use DBL data type. Please help me Smiley Sad
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,419 Views)
Use the "Index Array" function to select the necessary data. There you can define where the data is taken from (row and/or column as parameter).
Using LV8.0
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,414 Views)
Yes, I already success. Thank you Very Much Smiley Very Happy Thank you  Thank you  Thank you .
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,402 Views)