LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read MDF file from labview

Hi,

How to read MDF(Measurement Data Format) file from Labview.Is there any drivers available to read the MDF file?
If any one has those details please provide me ASAP.

Thanks & Regards
Anitha
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,604 Views)
Hi Anitha,

you can find the specs for this fileformat here. It seems to be a rather easy-to-read format using fixed-sized entries...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,593 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I have file format of MDF.My problem was I need to load the mdf file,and separate the signal names & values by using lab view.Is there any way to read the .mdf file.

Thanks & Regards

Anitha
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,588 Views)
Hi Anitha,

yes, there's a way Smiley Wink

Í took a short at the format spec. All blocks are either fixed-length or have a length field. So you can parse the file by reading in block-wise, checking block type and parsing the information from those blocks.
There are good descriptions for all block types. Because of the fixed block size it should be possible to do the conversion by typecasting with a proper cluster-definition...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,582 Views)
Hi GerdW,

You mentioned file by reading in block-wise, checking block type and parsing the information from those blocks.I tried to read the file with help of All File I/O read blocks but iam getting only values,unable to check block type.
Is there any specific Read File I/O for getting block-Wise data?

Thanks & Regards
Anitha
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,549 Views)
Rather than writing code yourself to read the MDF format, you could use dataplugins to read the data natively in LabVIEW using the Storage VIs. There is an MDF dataplugin on the linked page and more help on how to install it and use it in LabVIEW. Hope this helps!

Message Edited by Jarrod S. on 02-17-2008 11:52 PM
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 6 of 6
(6,542 Views)