LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to programmatically login and show 3rd party webpage within HTML container

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using SystemLink Server To create TILE DASHBOARD.

WebVi is expected to combined in showing Location in a Map view, Camera View, and the created TILE Dashboard.

MapView and Camera View are done on different post.

Now, How to show the created TILE Dashboard from SystemLink Server (3rd party web-page which requires pre-login) in to webvi placeholder HTML container?

Looks like, will need to programmatically login before getting to Dashboard by the url, and show it to the placeholder.

Is there any example?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,805 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThamS

Hi ThamS,

How to show the created TILE Dashboard from SystemLink Server (3rd party web-page which requires pre-login) in to webvi placeholder HTML container? ... Is there any example?

The example titled IFrame for WebVI is a generic example that shows how to create an iframe on a WebVI that is capable of embedding another page into it. In that example the WebVI embeds a YouTube video on the front panel of a WebVI using the Placeholder HTML Container and an IFrame.

Looks like, will need to programmatically login before getting to Dashboard by the url

Reaching into an embedded page to manipulate the username and password is generally not allowed in web browsers so this is something a WebVI cannot perform. As an example this prevents a page from embedding the website for your bank on a page and reaching in to manipulate the page.

The alternative workflow I would suggest is that you configure the WebVI to be a plugin for the NI Web Server. When configured as a plugin you can require that users login before they get access to the WebVI and related dashboards. The example SystemLink Web Interface Template describes how to configure a WebVI as a plugin for the NI Web Server.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,733 Views)

Thank you,

will try it

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,721 Views)
thank you, will try it
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,720 Views)
It works pretty cool.

How ever I'm thinking if we could check the user login status and show them a pop-up login dialog to let them sign-in to and revert back to the webpage once logged in.

is it possible?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,675 Views)

Why do you think many web pages have stuff like "Captcha" in addition to logins?  It's to stop exactly what you are doing.  Check the site's TOS - these kinds of things are usually explicitly called out as something you shouldn't be doing - there may even be legal implications if caught.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 6 of 7
(1,660 Views)
Got it, Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,639 Views)