From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program 125Khz UART RFID reader "URGENT"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone 

i have 125Khz UART RFID reader 

http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/wiki/125Khz_RFID_module_-_UART

i need to program it using myRIO controller to read/write on a nfc tag, how to start? and what is needed for doing it ? 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,728 Views)

It looks like it behaves like a serial device.  So use VISA Write and Read to communicate with it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,681 Views)

I did the same but it does not work with me. 

125 Khz Protocol is read only, but the "Seeed" claimed that it is read/write RFID. 

so if any body can give me a hint to start

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,628 Views)

I think you'll need to contact the supplier of that device.  It is unlikely that anyone here has used it before.

It doesn't make sense that you would write anything to an RFID tag (unless you are sending a command to a device to tell it to initiate an RFID read).  Where on that web page did you see that it could read and write?

The only thing I see is an odd bit of code where sometihng writes back on the serial port something that it read.  Kind of like a loopback test on a serial port.

(By the way, not a very good webpage.  "Exampel" ??? spelled wrong.  And several links are broken.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,622 Views)

well, i want to write on a tag a balance so i can rewrite again a discount amount on the same tag as a payment process. 

the link is for the supplier 🙂

that's why i posted my question here.. 

yeah i forgot to tell that i run RFID example of myRIO project guide, and it works done for reading the serial of the tag. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,619 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abdullah993

The introduction on that page says

"RDM 125KHz card mini-module is designed for reading code from 125KHz card compatible read-only tags and read/write card . It can be applied in office/home security, personal identification, access control, anti-forgery, interactive toy and production control systems etc. "

It only mentions the ability to read.  It doesn't say it can write.  Other than that it can read the code from a read/write card.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,615 Views)

You are totally right ! that sentence is deception if you did not read it carefully ! 

thank you ! 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,610 Views)

Hi there~ Sorry for the misunderstanding of our description, we will modify the description. If you need to write the NFC card, you can consider the Grove-NFC module. Regards

https://www.seeedstudio.com/Grove-NFC-p-1804.html

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,419 Views)

Hi there~ Thanks for your comment. Our webpage does have a lot of deficiencies and mistakes, we will rewrite this page to fix broken links and misspellings. Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,417 Views)