Go to solution
Does your VI has unsaved changes when it is run? Smiley Indifferent
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,234 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfm_dsi

I found I could replicate the issue on the notebook computer as well.  The change reason is:

'Object(s) resized on the front panel'  

'A front panel object was resized.  This is just a cosmetic change'

The fix for me is to check the box 'Scale all objects on front panel as the window resizes' under VI properties, Window size.  

This seems counter intuitive to me since it implies allowing the change of object sizes and unchecked implies don't change but who am I to argue if it works?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,223 Views)
Please mark your latest reply as the solution for this problem. It ll be helpful for others.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,214 Views)

sfm_dsi wrote:

I found I could replicate the issue on the notebook computer as well.  The change reason is:

'Object(s) resized on the front panel'  

'A front panel object was resized.  This is just a cosmetic change'

The fix for me is to check the box 'Scale all objects on front panel as the window resizes' under VI properties, Window size.  

This seems counter intuitive to me since it implies allowing the change of object sizes and unchecked implies don't change but who am I to argue if it works?

OK, you beat me to it!  GREAT!  The scroll bars, that change display state with run state, are included in the overall FP display dimentions.   So when you call Quit the following things happen:

1)the vi execution ends

2)the scroll bars flash into existance because the vi is in memory and not running (AH-HA) 

3)the FP objects are resized to make room for the scroll bars (the order of 2-3 is arbitrary)

4)LV starts to exit but the vi FP has changed

By changing the property "Scale all objects on front panel as the window resizes" to TRUE you essentially tell LV that the exact dimentions do not matter and the user is given control of the sizes as long as they all change together.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 14 of 15
(1,202 Views)
Thank you for the explanation!  More mysteries of LabView revealed, for me anyway.  Things are not always intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.
Message 15 of 15
(1,190 Views)