From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot multiple 2D arrays of data, with different x-values onto one graph

Hello! 

So I am trying to create a piece of code that will take in multiple csv files of data (containing time (x) and amplitude (y)) and will plot all of them onto one graph. I am stuck on how to take the 2D arrays of data and plot them all on the same graph. Currently I am able to plot them all by using "Build Array" and taking the time portion from one of the files and using it for all of them, but the problem I have is that not all of my files have the exact same time column, or x-values (data points happen at different times). Anyone have any ideas on how I can do this? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(946 Views)

Hi ebohannon,

have you tried to use waveforms for your plots? (Or plots in a XY graph?)

This way each plot can use it's own timescale...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(928 Views)

Are the points for each dataset equally spaced? If not, you need an xy graph.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(908 Views)

That is what I am trying to do, but I guess I am just unsure on how to feed multiple sets of x-values to the waveform.

And to answer the other question, yes the data points are equally spaced, but some of the data sets are sampled at a higher frequency than others.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(853 Views)

Hi ebohannon,

@ebohannon wrote:

That is what I am trying to do, but I guess I am just unsure on how to feed multiple sets of x-values to the waveform.

If you would attach your VI with some example data we could tell you where you made errors…

@ebohannon wrote:

And to answer the other question, yes the data points are equally spaced, but some of the data sets are sampled at a higher frequency than others.

So you can use (arrays of) waveforms…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(851 Views)