LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot data from fpga ai fifo?

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to build a scope like application. I want to  display data coming in through DMA FIFO (from an FPGA board), but I want the display to clear and refresh at a given rate. Is there something that can do this out of the box?

In more detail: Basically I'm sending a sine signal from my fpga AO, and I want the display of  the response, measured by AI to be synchornized with the output.  The data from the AI is being fed to a FIFO on the FPGA side and I can read it on the host side and plot it in a chart or graph. The only thing missing is getting the display to by synchronized to the output. I'm using labview +fpga 8.5, and 7833 fpga board.

Thanks
Tzahi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,777 Views)
Hi Tzahi,

The closest example I found in the Help»Find Examples menu was the "Analog Input - R Series.lvproj", which, of course, accomplishes the part you already have done.

To synchronize the display of the AO with the response you get on the AI, you will need to code this logic yourself.  Something like a "merge signals" VI using the AO as one input and the AI as the other input might work, although you will need to make sure that the AI waits until valid data points are being read before merging it with the AO (a case structure would probably be sufficient for this).  In other words, you need to make sure that an AO point is merged with its corresponding AI point.
Eric V
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

"I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a helluva (NI Applications) Engineer!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,700 Views)