LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot X,Y,Z data on a 3D Graph

Hello,

You can build your x, y, and z arrays one point at a time, and plot the "new" array at each iteration of your loop - this is generally how to get a Graph to behave like a Chart (which natively keeps a buffer of points as you write data to it).   Perhaps you can tolerate plotting a few points at a time so you don't have to cause the graph update so frequently, but you can give it a shot and see how it performs.  If you can upper bound the number points you'll be writing, you can preallocate the arrays using the Initialize Array function and then use Replace Array Subset (to basically add your new points each iteration), instead of using build array inside a loop to append new points - the build array function will cause array reallocations and can slow performance.  I suppose in this case you don't want to display the data which is the default sitting in the arrays before your true data is there, so perhaps you make the default value for the predefined arrays be something which is outside of the scale you will use to show your acceleration values.  You can always go back to the build array function if this is an issue.

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
Message 11 of 13
(830 Views)
Hi Olivier66, I have the same projet as you. I would like to know if you have succesfully make a VI that indicate in 3D the acceleration of an accelerometer, and how you have make it?.

Regards,

Thomas Muller
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(736 Views)
Hi Thomas,

As that was an old thread, perhaps you may want to start a new thread with some questions you may have.

Best regards,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(718 Views)