From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to output high level digital signal (5V versus 1V) on usb-6210?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am working with a NI usb-6210 and so I don't have any analog ouptut channels that I can utilize. I'm hoping I can use the digital output for my application since I'm trying to create a switch with which I can syncronize my experiment setup. I need to output 5V in order for my device to run and currently I am only able to get 1V.

-Teo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,124 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author teowilk
The digital outputs are TTL Lenten dip of you stent seeing that, your load is drawing more current than the device can provide and dropping the voltage. Please provide information on what you are connected to or look at the other posts where users have had the exact same issue. You probably just need a driver connected to the digital output.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,096 Views)

The 6210 can put out 16mA on a single digital output.  So if you are only seeing 1V, then whatever you are connected to has a load impedance of around 60 Ohms.  Taking that up the 5V would need over 80mA of drive.  So you will need a logic buffer that can supply at least that.  I would aim for something more like 100mA current capability.  Do a search on Digikey and I'm sure you'll find something that works for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,065 Views)

Yeah, shortly after I posted the question I found another post about the same issue. it took a google search for the problem instead of the NI forum search. I figured it out. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,012 Views)