LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain image from excel using activex

The program I'm building first sends a jpeg to excel using the first attached vi.  What I need to be able to do is retrieve the image from said file using Activex.  It's fairly simple to retrieve individual strings and values from cells, but I'm not sure how to redisplay an image in LabVIEW once it's in excel.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

The first file I've attached shows how the image gets into excel - the usual way I gleamed from reading these boards.
The second shows my vi retrieving a number from one of the cells in excel - not an image

Thank you all for your help!
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,857 Views)

Hi AndrewAG,

you can use the CopyPicture function. See the attached example. The cases with the yellow background should be interesting for you. First i use your function to add a picture ("the brain.jpg" from tst) into the first worksheet. Then i read it with the CopyFunction, so that it is available in the clipbord and then i read it from the clipboard to save it as (bmp, jpg or png), the example works with bmp. You have to clear the errors in the clipboard vi, but they are there because of i save it for LV80.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Message 2 of 6
(8,846 Views)
This is fantastic!  Thank you so very much.

-AndrewAG
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,820 Views)

hi

can ur send me this Example labview8.2 format.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,505 Views)

GokulGKM a écrit :

hi

can ur send me this Example labview8.2 format.

Have you ried to open it? The zip file indicate that it is in version 8.0, you should be able to open it with LabVIEW 8.2.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,498 Views)

ya thanks i got solution....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,467 Views)