From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure the current harmonics with Norma 5000

Hallo.

I want to measure the current harmonics using the "NORMA 4000/5000 Power Analyzer".

To accure the data from Norma I'm using the LabView Norma Drivers. The other measurements (Power, Current, Voltage) work without problems (the library with the pdf-file is in attachment). In the current-harmonics-measurement the problem is, that I need different orders of harmonics

(1,3,7,9,11,13,5 for example) and it doesn't work.

After initialising the Norma, I asume, I have to set the order of harmonics. I do this using the SubVi "LNOPA01 Harmonic Order" (see attachment).

If I set the order "1", I can read the values, but if I change the order ( "2" for example) I get the error "-1074001424, -222,"Data out of range;CALCulate:HARMonic:ORDer"". If order "2" "..out of range", how can I measure the other orders ?!

I asume I do something wrong or do not understand the harmonics-measurement. Do you have any idea for this problem?

(what is the "current harmonic content" measurement ?)

Thank you !!

Cheers: Alex

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,818 Views)

Hallo.

Is the problem to specific or do you need additional information ?

Cheers: Alex

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,796 Views)

Hi Alexphysiker,

Have you tried changing the harmonic order by selecting 'Integral positive/negative'?

It also might be helpful if you opened up the context help by pressing 'Ctrl-H', then hover over your sub vi's. This will give a better description of their use.

I will continue to look into reasons for this error and get back to you.

Regards,

John McLaughlin
Academic Account Manager
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,783 Views)

Also have it been correctly calibrated before? Just to eliminate the chance of a hardware problem.

Regards,

John McLaughlin
Academic Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,781 Views)

I think there is no hardware problem. With an other software ("Haefely") the harmonics measurement works without problems, but we want to develope a new (better) one.

--

I'll try out if it works with "Integral positive/negative" and will say you the result. Unfortunatly I can do it first at monday.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,770 Views)

OK, I've tried out the integration-function.

The problem is, that the "LNOPO01 Integration Functions" allows the measurement of the "Power Harmonics" but not the "Current Harmonics".

May be I've done something wrong, but it hasn't work.

Do somebody use the "Norma" and can help me ?!

Best redards: Alex

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,751 Views)

Hi alexphysiker,

I haven't used the Norma Power Analyzer before but have been looking for reference material to help you view 'Current Harmonics' in LabVIEW.

This link might help you with this:  Power Quality Monitoring

Regards,

John McLaughlin
Academic Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,745 Views)

Also when you open up the Measurement Functions.vi it says:

"Starting from version 1.2.1 the numbering of function changed.
 NO compatibility with previous version!!!!!
 See description of control."

Have you ensured that all of your sub.vi's are upto date?

Regards,

John McLaughlin
Academic Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,740 Views)

"Have you ensured that all of your sub.vi's are upto date?"

I think yes.

We have two Norma-poweranalysers (v 1.3 and v 1.4), the other mesurements work without problems.

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,732 Views)

Hi Alexphysiker,

It doesn't seem like there is an option for the current harmonics. A work around for this might be to use Ohm's Law and divide the power harmonic by any load resistance you are measuring.

Regards,

John McLaughlin
Academic Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,671 Views)