LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure spectrum SPL over time and export into excel?

I'm looking to measure spectrum sound pressure level (20 - 200Hz) at a high resolution (0.5 - 1Hz) over time (say 5 seconds) and then export that data into excel (Colums = frequency, Rows = time, then plotted with SPL dB accordingly). 

Can anyone point me in the right direction or have any useful examples on how to acheive this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,437 Views)

Have you ever done any LabVIEW programming?  [I assume the answer is "No", otherwise you would have submitted some code and asked "How do I solve <put particular problem here>?"].  If the answer is either "No", or "I'm just learning" (particularly if your "teacher" is yourself), look at the LabVIEW Training options mentioned on the top right corner of the LabVIEW Forum's first page.

Spend some time doing as much of the Tutorial material as possible.  You need to learn how LabVIEW works, which differs from many other Programming Languages (graphical, data flow, parallel, etc.).  Then try to develop some code to tackle your problem, and if it doesn't work, post your code (this means "Attach your VI") and ask for help.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,425 Views)