From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make sure the image graph is saved before adding it to a report?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I have a VI (saving overall graph image) that saves the image of a graph with an invoke node.

Then I attached that image into an excel report. However the image sometimes is saved and sometimes don't.

Usually if I am using a probe inside the VI it will save the image.

I thought that with error wire I will force the execution of saving graph image first and then adding it to the report but it seems it is not enough...

Do you have any idea why this is happening>

Thanks in advance!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,599 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jess1006

Hi jess

As Global Variables are Missing and No data, Not able to run and Check for the Root Cause. Still Modiifed the Code. Please run and Confirm. I Modiifed in LV 2015. If u dont have the latest please refer png File.

If its Working During Probe. it may be due to timing Issue with the Calling Vi

Kind Regards

Palanivel Thiruvenkadam

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download All
Message 2 of 4
(3,588 Views)

Thank you a lot! It was a much better implementation indeed!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,578 Views)

@jess1006 wrote:

Hello!

I have a VI (saving overall graph image) that saves the image of a graph with an invoke node.

Then I attached that image into an excel report. However the image sometimes is saved and sometimes don't.

Usually if I am using a probe inside the VI it will save the image.

I thought that with error wire I will force the execution of saving graph image first and then adding it to the report but it seems it is not enough...

Do you have any idea why this is happening>

Thanks in advance!

Palanivel code is cleaner but do not answer the issue. The error wire force the execution order but in this case it just send the command to export the image to a file, it will not wait for the transfer to be completed. You can probably solve this issue by adding a small delay after the export command.

Ben64

Message 4 of 4
(3,550 Views)