From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make my front panel visible?

My front panel got completely invisible when I made changes to an already existing program.(It is to be noted that when I resize the front panel controls in this particular program they get invisible too. strange!!). But I can see the block diagram.

Did anyone had this problem. How can I solve it.

Help please.

Thanks

DSK

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,389 Views)

Try putting this code in your block diagram.

Find FP.png

This code gets a reference to the current vi and centers the front panel.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 2 of 6
(3,362 Views)

If it is really invisible, you'll need this:

See FP.png

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 3 of 6
(3,358 Views)

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to know how to write  "x 2"  parameter in the "Open VI Reference" function, I couldn't do it.

What is it for?

Can you send me the code as an attachment so that I can directly copy into my program.

Thank you.

DSK

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,346 Views)

Check out the help for the Open VI Reference Function.   Or, if you have the OpenG library, just use "Current VIs Reference".

VI is attached.

>

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,333 Views)

The x 2 is really hexidecimal 2. you can right-click on integer numeric controls, indicators, and constants and select visible then radix. you can then use the radix to select how you want to view the integer data. When you create a constant from the Open VI Reference node, the radix is on and selected as hexidecimal.

Hope that this helps,

Bob.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,330 Views)