From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a LabVIEW programme auto fit the resolution of window

Solved!
Go to solution
How to make a LabVIEW programme that I have written auto fit to any window size.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,763 Views)

I'm not totally sure what you're asking.

You must consider the possible screen resolutions of your user(s) and design your front panel accordingly.

There are settings you can change under:

VI Properties --> Window Appearance (I think - don't have LV in front of me).

There are many related postings in this forums.  Have a search to find what you need.  Otherwise provide more details of the problem such as images or attach VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,757 Views)

File -> VI properties (Ctrl+I) -> Window size -> Maintaint proportions of window for different monitor resolution

to be precise 🙂

J.D.
French Labview beginner
N'oubliez pas de complimenter les bonnes réponses - Don't forget Kudos for good answers
Message 3 of 5
(5,741 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KitChongYue

You have a few options actually.

Right-click the VI icon on Front panel (top-right corner). Then select VI Properties---->Window Size.

you can tick 2 boxes there: 1.Maintain proportions of window for different monitor resolutions  2.Scale all objects on front panel as window resizes.

I Think the 1st one is the one you want.

If you are not happy by the results do what i usually do. Create different front panel for different resolutions by changing the resolution of your development machine. Then detect on the code the resolution of the target machine of your executable and open the front-panel that fits better. If a PC doesn't have any of the resolutions you have developed display a message that prompts the user to change the resolution before he run your executable.

I hope that helps. I know it's a headache but what else can you do.

Message 4 of 5
(5,739 Views)

Thank you for the prompt answer to the question!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,216 Views)