LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Analogue I/O on NI-9651

Hi,

I am looking for the solution that make analogue I/O with 9651 SOM board.

It looks that NI 9215E can do, however I can not find install information anywhere. How does it convert from degital to analogue and how can 9651 get degital signal? It is SPI?

Sincerely,

Masa,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,984 Views)

Hi Masa,

The sbRIO-9651 is a system on module, so it essentially exposes raw DIO lines from the onboard Zynq SoC and processor peripherals to the single connector. The SOM requires that integrators and end users build a custom carrier board to break out necessary processor peripherals (Ethernet, USB, Serial, etc.) to appropriate connectors, and any analog or digital IO must be designed on the carrier board. There is no supported method to connect NI C Series modules into the SOM.  You can place ADCs and support circuitry on your carrier board and connect via SPI, parallel interface, or other digital protocol to the Digital IO pins on the SOM.  

If you need to use C Series IO, I would recommend using the CompactRIO product line.  You can also consider a different Single-Board RIO product, such as the sbRIO-9605, 9606, 9623, or 9626, which do support direct user of C Series modules via the NI 9693 2-slot C Series RMC accessory. The sbRIO-9623 and sbRIO-9626 also provide built in Analog IO, so they avoid the cost of assembling multiple PCBs together or designing custom IO.  The NI 9693 C Series accessory is not compatible with the sbRIO-9651 SOM because the SOM is a very different product with a different connector.

Regards,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,959 Views)
Hi Spex,
 Thank you for your advice. I understood that 9651 can get analogue signal through caririer boad and A/D device.
To tell you the truth, I am already using sbRIO-9636 and its analogue I/O. And now I am tring to transfer the system to 9651 for our compact packege product. I could design buit-in I/F (LAN, USB, etc) on the carrier board for 9651, however, I had not been able to find how to make analogue I/F on 9651. I will design A/D-SPI on the carrier board. Do you have any reccomended A/D devices for the carrier board?
Many thanks,
Sincerely,
Masa,  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,946 Views)