From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate a sensor with USB connection to LabView?

Hi Colden R,

I tried to load the FTD2XX_NET(1.0.6.0) assembly first, and suddenly the other DLL worked . But every time  I start the IV (Omega.USB.LabView8.5) I have those errors unless I try to invoke FTD2XX_NET(1.0.6.0) in a blank IV and then I start Omega.USB.LabView8.5!  

What's wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 43
(1,995 Views)

It's a bug with LabVIEW 8.5 that was fixed in later versions of LabVIEW. The details of what exactly is going on are complex and not very transparent. But I'm glad that the work-around worked for you. You'll basically have to invoke the FTD2XX_NET(1.0.6.0) assembly before opening the Omega.USB assembly. You can upgrade to LabVIEW 2011 if you don't want to have to deal with this, but right now this work-around is the only solution for LabVIEW 8.5.

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 43
(1,982 Views)

Hi I have a question about this pressure meter vi. I have the project set up, and all dll files in right place. But when I run it, the pressure meter cannot read flow pressure. It's always showing 0 on my plot, and no unit match up with the data. I'm pretty sure the pressure meter setup works cause we have it runing on TRH central. I am using LabView 2012 on Win 7 PC with .NET framework 4.0. Thank you.

pressure meter data.jpg

pressure meter vi.jpg

project setup.jpg.NET constructot.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 43
(1,946 Views)

Hi Timwen, 

Do you get any data when you run your program? Anything for unit or value? And is anything written to the spreadsheet? 

Also, have you been able to communicate with your device? 

Which driver are you using? The driver on this forum was written for LabVIEW 8.6, so it might not communicate well with LabVIEW 2012. 

Maggie
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 43
(1,909 Views)

the program is keeping written 0 into spreadsheet. And also I have to open that TRH Central data logging software when I run my vi in labview, otherwise, the vi is not running. I'm using Omega.USB.dll, which is donwald form omegadyne.com. I can us the data logging software to record data, but I cannot start it simultaneously with other devices. That's why I want to put it into labview. Do you have any idea that can help me fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 43
(1,894 Views)

Hi Timwen, 

Are you able to use basic VISA calls to communicate with your device? I could not find any information in the product manual. 

Did you download the dll from the product software page here? If not, can you direct me to where you found it? It appears that the software that I linked to is designed for .NET 2.0, not .NET 4.0, so that may cause compatibility issues as well. 

Maggie
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 43
(1,875 Views)

Hello,

I have also purchased a PX409 pressure transducer from Omega and I am trying to get this VI to work in LabVIEW 2013 on Windows 8. But every time I run the VI I get this message: "Error 1172 occurred at Invoke Node Error calling method Omega.USB.PX409.GetCurrentPressureReading, (System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key)"

Is it because the driver was designed for a previous version of LabVIEW?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 43
(1,770 Views)

Please disregard the previous post. I found a more current VI from Omega that works.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 43
(1,758 Views)

I currently have an Omega PX409 high speed USB sensor...have tried using the .vi's supplied with the unit, as well as the most recent one from the Omega FTP site (updated at the end of february 2014).  I have tried absolutely everything, including some of the methods with the .dll's above...I still cannot get Labview (2013 base version) to talk to this thing.  Using the supplied .vi's, and going right back to the "Check for device.vi",  I get an error: Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->Check For Device.vi

Does anybody have any information on this, or an actual working .vi to get labview to talk to this thing?  The transducer talks just fine with the Omega-supplied programmes, and Omega tech support isn't supporting it for integration on labview.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 43
(1,691 Views)

...as it turns out, I'm an idiot: Forgot to insall the NI-VISA drivers.  Sensor and labview now play nicely together.  All is well.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 43
(1,657 Views)