LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install NI-DAQ 4.9.0 with LabVIEW 7.0 on Windows XP Pro

I'm upgrading hardware and software from a Windows 3.1 box using NI-DAQ 4.8.0, LabVIEW 3 and the following hardware cards:

• AS-DSP-2200

• AT-MIO-16E-10

• PC-DIO-96

I settled on a solution that keeps the existing cards. The LabVIEW code updates to LabVIEW 7 fine (using the NI conversion tools). The trouble comes with the NI-DAQ support for the old cards.

I can install NI-DAQ 4.9.0f and it can be set to talk to the AT-DSP-2200 and the PC-DIO-96 okay. However it doesn't list a device for the AT-MIO-16E-10. When the MIO card is in the machine Windows XP detects it and tries to load drivers for it. It is fine if NI-DAQ 7.0 is installed but doesn't work with the old
er NI-DAQ installed. The new NI-DAQ doesn't support the older cards though.

As I plan on keeping the old cards for the moment. Are there any known solutions for using the two NI-DAQS together or getting the AT-MIO-16E-10 to run on the old 4.9.0f NI-DAQ in a modern plug-and-play system?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,310 Views)
Hello,

It seems like you have all of the right information and are asking the right questions.

Using two versions of NI-DAQ is definitely not supported, and I do not believe that it is possible.

Also, using ISA boards is not supported in Windows XP.

With that said, are you sure you are using the AT-MIO-16E-10?

This board should work under the 4.9.0f driver. However, the 16XE-10 does not.

Lastly, you could try adding the driver manually, by going though the device manager and selecting the device from a list. However, I am not sure that the list will even populate correctly.

Good Luck!

Justin T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,310 Views)