LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to input notes in a binary file used to save continuous DAQ?

Hello,

I have a continuous data acquisition vi with trigger. Data is saved in a binary file. I would like to save some comments or notes in this file; I want to be able to read the notes afterwards and the saved data that has to be displayed in charts. I got some examples from NI but they are simple and do not include the continuous data acquisition and reading both the notes and the (dynamic) data.

Does anyone have examples of binary files with notes and continuous DAQ write and read?

I've been working on this issue for quite a while and I got stuck...

Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,284 Views)
Hi RPJ:

Here is some example code that I have found that should be a good basis for your program.

I hope it helps you out,

Emilie S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,254 Views)
Thank you Emilie.
I know these examples all right. Now try embedding this into a 'Cont Acq. and Chart - Int. Clk.vi' or any vi that does data acquisition and saves the data in the same file where you wrote the string of comments. And this is not all - how do you read them all back in the right order and right length...
I have inserted some examples to make you understand better what I am talking about.
'AcquirePFV_Header.vi' and 'Read_with Header.vi' are only some trials that do not really work correctly.
Could you or anybody else help me solve this problem?

Thank you.
Radu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,250 Views)