LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to initialise Tick Count to zero?

Has anyone found a way to initialise Tick Count to zero or even doctor the first reading to make it look like zero. I am measuring the time of repeating burst that occurs every 50seconds. I am displaying the "time between busrts" in a table. Obviously i would like the first input = 0seconds then 50 seconds thereafter. Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,445 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,441 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,439 Views)
You can't initialise the tick count itself to 0, it's set to zero when the computer powers on I believe.

What you need to do is place a tick count OUTSIDE your measuring loop, pass the value to your loop and then subtract this from each and every tick count value afterwards to get a "Time since the program ran".

This is a little imperfect, as the first measurement may be a few seconds after the initial tick count has run, but it's a starting point. Other refinements can be setting a shift register with an initialisation value on the first acquisition, and subtracting THIS every subsequent loop. This requires a bit more code, but gives a true Zero for the first measurement.

Here's a pic of what I mean

Hope this helps

Shane
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,437 Views)