LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase UDP packet transmission speed

Hi All,

My intention is to send 16 packet in 2 ms through UDP. Each packet carries 6442 bytes. I came to know that UDP takes 1 ms to send 1 packet in labview while i captured it in wireshark.

How to control the UDP transmission speed?. Otherwise, is there any way to increase the UDP transmission speed?. 
Can anyone tell me the solution to solve this issue?

Thanks  in advance,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(5,216 Views)

@Rock.cse wrote:

Hi All,

My intention is to send 16 packet in 2 ms through UDP. Each packet carries 6442 bytes. I came to know that UDP takes 1 ms to send 1 packet in labview while i captured it in wireshark.

A typical packet is much smaller than that (or does your local network support jumbo frames?). 

Can you show us your code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(5,211 Views)

I attached the code as below:

A text file which contains the 6440 bytes of data. we need to open that file to send as a packet.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(5,197 Views)

Why do you constantly open and close the UDP connection in the innermost loop? Open and close need to be done only once, outside (before or after, resp.) the main outer loop.

Seems you want to repeat the sending a fixed number of time? Why isn't the inner most upper left loop a FOR loop?

Why is the string indicator in the innermost loop? It never changes during that loop..

What's the point of micromanaging the UDP timeout?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(5,190 Views)

The inner most for loop is for split a 3 byte data into single byte array.

I need to send 8 packet in 2ms and 10 ms it should be idle. In this everything is user needs. For example, if i want 16 packet in 3ms means, it should send according to this input.This process will continue till i hit the stop button.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(5,181 Views)

The string indicator is for just verify the data. Ignore it.

I thought that, if i use the UDP timeout each packet may send within timeout period. So i can receive the packets within time. But it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(5,179 Views)

Did you read the first sentence in my reply about the constant opening and closing of the UDP connection?

@Rock.cse wrote:

The inner most for loop is for split a 3 byte data into single byte array.

I was talking about the while loop in the upper right. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(5,154 Views)

That while loop is for sending the 8 packet continuously. After that, it should wait for waiting time as i given. If i use the UDP open and close outside the main loop, It can able to send only 2 packet not more than as i want (instead of 8 packets).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(5,132 Views)

@Rock.cse wrote:

That while loop is for sending the 8 packet continuously. After that, it should wait for waiting time as i given. If i use the UDP open and close outside the main loop, It can able to send only 2 packet not more than as i want (instead of 8 packets).

Can you show us yout most recent code?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(5,125 Views)

I made a small changes and captured the packets in wireshark. It sends only 2 packet continuously and it becomes idle for 10 ms.Idle time is fine for me. Now my doubt is why it can't able to send the remaining packets.

I attached the wireshark captured image. Look that one also.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(5,121 Views)