LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve sound quality on a file called with the Play Sound File.vi?

I need to play sound files in Labview. Some files sound fine, but others play ok in Windows Media Played yet do not sound right when played in Labview. I am simply routing the file path to the Play Sound File.vi. Any ideas on how to improve the playback quality of such files? I am using .wav files (I tried to attach one but the .wav extension does not seemed to be allowed here).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,153 Views)

It may be the sample rates are different in your files.  Try your files with the example: "Sound File to Sound Output.vi".  It detects and configures the #bits, sample rate and channels before it plays them.  If that works, copy what the example does.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,146 Views)

Create a zip file then post it. Which Labview version do you use?

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,142 Views)

I am using Labview 2010. The sound is much better when played with the Sound File to Sound Output VI. I am going to try to use that configuration in my VI. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,137 Views)