From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import VIs in a smartcam

Hi,

I'm using LabVIEW 8.5.1 and Vision Builder 3.5 with NI1742 Smart Camera. I built an inspection (.vbai) and I used the "Run LabVIEW VI" step.

I put the vbai file in the smartcam, but it says that it cannot find my VIs, because the VI path is in my computer and not in the camera. Since the VIs are not in the camera, I can't select them. How can I import these VIs in the camera?

In the Online Help (in Vision Builder), it says: "The Run LabVIEW VI step works only with VIs saved using LabVIEW 8.5. To run a VI on a remote target, you must first save the VI for distribution, and download the VI to the remote target". I don't know if it's the good thing to do, but I've tried to do the instructions in the "Save the VI for distribution":

1. Launch LabVIEW.

2. Open the VI. If the VI is already open, save the VI.

3. Select File»New Project.

4. Add the VI and any dependencies to the project. If you want to run the VI on a remote target, you must first add the target to the project. Compete the following steps to add a remote target to the LabVIEW project:

1. In the Project Explorer window, right-click the project root and select New»Targets and Devices.

At this step (4.1), I can't find the camera... so I can't continue the instructions.

It's probably very easy to import VIs in the camera, but I don't know how...

Anyone can help me please?

Thank you very much,

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,874 Views)
Dear Stephanie,

I would suggest trying to repair your IMAQdx driver first. If this does not work:

What version of the IMAQdx driver are you using? The most recent version is available with the Vision Acquisition Software 8.5.1

Can you see your Smart Camera and access it in MAX?

Here is also a KB that has the latest image, as well as a link to troubleshooting the camera in MAX.

Latest Smart Camera Image for Vision Builder AI
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2B02AC7773C393BE862573E7005600D2?OpenDocument

If you are still having problems after trying to repair the driver, and/or updating to the newest version of the driver, please post back and we can continue to troubleshoot.

Best Regards,

~Nate
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,843 Views)
Hi Nate,

I didn't do what you suggest, because someone from NI told us to install LabVIEW RT 8.5... It "solved" a part of my problem (I can see the camera in the Target and Devices), but it gave me another problem (http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=328612).

I don't know if it's because of what I did previously, but now I found how to import VIs in the camera. I've only opened the FTP of the camera (ftp://192.xxx.xxx.xxx) and the hard disk of the camera was there.

Now I need to find the solution of the other problem... thanx for your help!

Stephanie
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,817 Views)