LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give Network Stream Endpoint as an Input/Output to a Sub VI

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a program to write data to a stream and read it using the host.In the Reader program,I have a SubVI to which I need to pass the Network Stream Endpoint .I am unable to do that.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15920,In the program in the link,he says to have a VI that reads an element from the stream.If you see the screenshot,He connected the Network Stream Endpoint to a subVi.I am unable to do that.Can some body please tell me how to do it.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,358 Views)

It can be done ..

To be more specific, what is the exact error you are getting . Can you post your vi?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,353 Views)

In the above , you can see him giving Network Stream Reder as Input to Vector Histogram.I want ot know how to do that.Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,351 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Power_Star

You will have to place a control of the network stream in your subVI. Then you will have to connect the control on the connector pane.

You can place a network stream control like so:
In you main VI take the network stream wire and right-click it. Select create - control. Use strg+x to port the control from the main VI to the subVI.

Then follow the instructions here http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1FA00093A04BFCF5862570920049E482 to connect the control to the connector pane.

There is possibly an easier way to do that but this works just fine.

Hope this helps!

LabVIEW 2012 32 bit

I am not an expert!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,339 Views)

Sorry,but what is strg+x...... i amkinda beginner in Labview

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,337 Views)

As, BillTür mentioned, create the control by right clicking it.Then cut the control and paste it in the sub vi .

Link the control to the connector pane.

You can read the  tutorial posted by BillTür

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,328 Views)

BillTür  , Hey thanks man. that solved my problem,and strg is German for Control.I've just googled it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,327 Views)

Nothing to do with Labview 😉

I'm sorry, I'm talking about the keyboard, the command to cut and it is actually supposed to be ctrl+x. Just looked at my german keyboard and didn't think properly. Sorry abour that!

LabVIEW 2012 32 bit

I am not an expert!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,324 Views)