From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give FTP Remote address

I need to get a file from the FTP server.
But I am facing problem with the REmpote path. In whatever format , I give the address, I get the Path cannot be found message.. How should I give the path? also \\ or / which one to use
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,274 Views)
hema,

The path you need to specify will depend on what the FTP server considers to be the home directory of the user who opens the connection.

I would suggest determining the correct path by FTPing to your server from the command line first. Under Windows, just fire up a command prompt and type "ftp [hostname]", then log in with the username and password you are using. Once you're logged in, you can type "pwd" to find out what directory is considered home for your username. You can also use "dir" to list the directory contents and "cd" to change into a subdirectory. Use those commands to navigate to where you expect your file to be, then use "pwd" again to get the path. If you append the filename to the end of this path, it should form a string that you can use with the LabVIEW FTP VI.

On an FTP server, use the forward slash in your paths, and the leading forward slash indicates root (not \\).

Regards,
John
Message 2 of 2
(2,263 Views)