LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the value of luminance from the IMAQ ExtractSingleColorPlane.

Hello,

I am very new to Labview. Í have an image of an LED and wanted to find the luminance value. I got the luminance image from the IMAQ ExtractSingleColorPlane but the value is not displaying. I just wanted to know how to get the value of luminance from the IMAQ ExtractSingleColorPlane. I have attached what i have done below.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,556 Views)

@BALAJI_PRASANNA wrote:

Hello,

I am very new to Labview. Í have an image of an LED and wanted to find the luminance value. I got the luminance image from the IMAQ ExtractSingleColorPlane but the value is not displaying. I just wanted to know how to get the value of luminance from the IMAQ ExtractSingleColorPlane. I have attached what i have done below.

Thanks in advance.

Before learning about LabVIEW, learn about images.  An Image (in LabVIEW) is a "representation of an image", that is, the wire itself doesn't really have a "value", but "points to" a collection of data that can be "imaged" (i.e. looked at as through it were a picture), "manipulated" (for example, extracting a color plane, basically getting the "red channel", an image looking as through it were viewed through a red filter), and possibly returning arrays of numbers representing the intensity of the light at a certain position in the picture.  

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,496 Views)