LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the coordinates of four corners of a quadrilateral

Can someone tell me how to get the coordinates of four corners of a quadrilateral from a image. I want to use this coordinates to calculate the pixel length of two sides of this quadrilateral. All the Operation should be automatic. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,621 Views)

Short Answer: It depends. 

Long Answer: Since you didn't gave any information regarding the image we could make weird assumptions now and gave you millions of formulars since your question is just something like "How to get coordinates of an object in an image". However, you first need to search for the object, or the quadrilateral boarders, then you can use geometric functions to get the intersection of them, which actually is the corner.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,584 Views)

Hi bondalfred,

Try using Picture to Pixmap VI with input as your image..

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,580 Views)

hi Christian, thanks for answering. I already found the objekt, and now i use a very foolish method to located four corner. I can get the coordinates of four small red punkt from the first picture. But its not so precise sometimes. Have you some advice for me?

Thanks and regards.

Unbenannt1.PNG

Unbenannt.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,574 Views)

hi srikrishnaNF,

thanks for answering. But im not sure which VI u mean, can u give a picture of this VI's symbol or tell me where i can find it? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,571 Views)

Hi,

Use "Find Straight Edge" to search for the borders, then use the caliper to get the corners.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,562 Views)

hi,

thank you very much. It looks great. But can u please tell me how u dealing with the setting of "Find a Straight Edge", i have tried but cant get the same effect as u did. Maybe a screenshot would be very helpful.

捕获.PNG

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,556 Views)

Hi,

I just did it with Vision Assistant 2010.

You will find the script as well as the VI generated with the assistent within the attached .zip file.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,549 Views)

hi,

thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,544 Views)