LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get pulse readout from BPM analysis in biomed startup kit

Hello,

We are trying to obtain an instantaneous pulse reading from a Vernier Go EKG sensor.  We tried writing our data to an array in a for loop, then exporting the array to the "array in" node on the BPM analysis tool.  We would like a chart displaying the EKG (which we have) and the instantaneous pulse readout (which we get a readout that says not a number).  HELP!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,292 Views)

Try posting this on the Biomedical User Group forum located here:  www.ni.com/biomedusers

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,257 Views)

Hi TFleck!

I want to premise my response by saying Steve.J had a great suggestion, there might be users in the Biomedical User Group who can help you with this hardware or maybe you could contact Vernier as the Vernier Go EKG sensor and the VI in your attached file uses SubVIs supported by Vernier. In addition, it looks like Vernier provides some tutorials.

Given that suggestion and that I do not have this hardware to test with, there are a couple of things in the VI that look like they could be related to your issue. First, the parameters cluster line from the Read VI output is not connected through to the BPM VI. You might have to wire the parameters so the BPM VI gets the correct configuration data. Second, the BPM VI has an input called Analysis method and the default for that terminal is point-by-point analysis. It looks like the VI you wrote is using data array analysis, so I would recommend creating a constant on that terminal and trying Analyze Data Array.

Hopefully that helps, but if not, maybe someone in the Biomedical User Group knows more about the device or you can contact Vernier and they can support you with some examples.

Milan
Message 3 of 3
(2,243 Views)