From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get callerName -property from ATML6.01 report

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to parse an ATML6.01 TestStand report to generate simple top level report showing all test cases and Passed/Failed information in Excel format. To do that, I need to read callerName -properties from the ATML report.    

I tried to make a VI which uses Read Data express VI to read Channel Group and Get Property VI to read callerName -property but Channel group only contains following properties: name, ID, testReferenceID, startDateTime, endDateTime.    

Looking at the ATML report, the channel group TestGroup contains following information: For some reason callerName cannot be read with the Read Data express VI. Is there another way to read this information?    

I found out that ATML_5 DataPlugin (http://www.ni.com/example/31570/en/) defines what information is read from the ATML report. However, the file is encrypted, thus can't be edited. It would be nice if NI updates the DataPlugin, so that also callerName -property could be read from the ATML report.    

Or can you suggest another method to parse the ATML -report?

Message 1 of 8
(3,248 Views)

Hi,

Can you post a sample ATML 6.01 report that contains the properties that you are interested in parsing. 

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

Message 2 of 8
(3,215 Views)

Hello esanum,

Aside from the request from Anand_Jain I have one other question:

- Is there a specific reason why you want to parse the ATML Report instead of creating the Custom Report via TestStand?

- Is anyone using the ATML Report on itself or will everyone use the slimmed down Excel version of the Report?

I am asking this because I want to make sure that you actually need (to parse) the ATML Report.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,198 Views)

Hello Anand Jain, ThiCop,

Thanks for the replies.

Our test system currently outputs results as a ATML report. The ATML format works just fine in technical level. Especially when using storage VIs to make queries from the report. However, in higher levels we need to generate simple Excel sheet containing just headlines and passed/failed status. The Excel report is then imported to another manager level tool (only accepting Excel/Word format). It requires more work if I start to develop a custom report. 

At the moment, making change in the ATML_5 DataPlugin seems to be the fastest way to get the work done.

I'm working on a sample report to post here asap.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,188 Views)

Hello esanum,

Thanks for the background info!

Please also indicate/illustrate what you expect to see in such a Word/Excel Manager's Format by making an example illustration.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 5 of 8
(3,180 Views)

ThiCop, Anand Jain,

Here is a sample ATML report. The report contains only one set of tests but you get the picture. Totally, our report has hundreds of test cases and even more if I run all tests in a row multiple times.

I also attached a simple Excel-file to illustrate desired Excel format. This is just a raw draft. The real format might contain some tags etc. It is still under construction.

What do you think, would it be good idea to update the DataPlugin?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,169 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author esanum

Hi esanum,

Here is an updated ATML_5 DataPlugin that exposes the "callerName" property available at some "TestGroup" nodes.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 7 of 8
(3,142 Views)

Thanks a lot Brad, ThiCop, Anand,

With updated ATML_5 DataPlugin, I can now easily generate top level Excel sheet. Good work 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,112 Views)