LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the theoretical output signal

Hi everyone ! 

Sorry in advance if my english isn't perfect.

I'm new with LabVIEW and I face some difficulties with a project.

My goal is to create the theoretical output signal of a filter. The input signal is the impulse response of a RC filter. I have the frequency response of the filter that I study. To do it, I simulate a pulse signal that goes in a Butterwoth filter and I realise the FFT of this signal that is the input signal of the filter that I study, I multiply it by the frequency response of my filter and then I have my output signal in the frequency domain. But my problem is that I don't know how to go back to the time signal knowing that my initial signal don't have a frequency, it's only a mono pulse. Any idea to know how can I do that ?

I hope I was clear ^^

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(651 Views)

The quickest way to know the output of your filter is to send the signal through the filter.

If you have a complex FFT, the inverse FFT should give you an equivalent time-domain signal.

When you say that your monopulse, doesn't have a frequency; I would reframe that to say that the frequency content is inversely proportional to the width of the pulse which is also related to the sample interval. Did you create the monopulse and calculate FFT/FRF with the array or waveform palette?

It helps you and the community to help you if you share the code you have so far

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(562 Views)