From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find pitch-yaw-roll angle without too much unstable displacement with 6Dof IMU

When I assign the numbers to an array and take the average, I get a smoother output value. I get the IMU angle with less deviation. It responds to my movement by moving in less range.here is the subvi example I used 🙂 https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Simple-Moving-Average-VI/m-p/3275941#M956730

I think I'm on the right track or I don't know 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(687 Views)

I would like to draw attention to this issue again. Since the measuring range of the currently used IMU is wide, the noise produced is 0.5g. Can anyone help with this Noise filter method? Can low pass filter be used?.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(654 Views)

First of all, I think I found the solution, the whole problem is only in the filtering method. I have now reduced the noise using FIR filtering, but I still can't get the roll and pitch angles properly. I think the problem is only using the accelerometer to calculate the roll and pitch information.
I know that I need to integrate the gyroscope information, but I can't find a clear applicable example on how to do this, can someone please help?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(621 Views)