LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to establish serial communication between Labview and Arduino Duemilanove board

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I hope I'll gain some valuable knowledge here. I know it's an old post, but I'm encountering problems trying to establish communication between my arduino duemilanove board and Labview 2011.

I've installed the drivers for my arduino and windows recognizes it as you can see in the first picture, also the arduino ide works fine. I've installed the Labview interface for arduino, and copied from its instalation files the LVIFA_Base folder to arduino ide libraries. I uploaded LVIFA_Base.pde to the board and then tried to run the analog pin Read example from labview(picture2). And i get that error(still the drivers for arduino seem to work fine, the serial monitor is ok)... Also, the NI Measurement and Automation Explorer, doesn't see my board. (picture 3). What should I do? Any idea is welcome...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(3,674 Views)

You won't see your board because only NI devices will show up in MAX.  Your board communicates by a serial port, so the only thing you'll see in MAX is the existence of a serial port.

Now your MAX doesn't show any serial ports.  Also, the error message you get is typical if the VISA drivers weren't installed.

Did you install VISA as a part of the Device Drivers DVD after installing LabVIEW?

Try installing the Device Drivers DVD again.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 35
(3,662 Views)

You were right, i forgot to install the VISA drivers. Problem solved. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(3,634 Views)

Hi, I'm new to Arduino. I want to connect my Arduino with LabView and followed all the instructions posted here --> https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15971

but I couldn't find the LVIFA_Base file to be uploaded into Arduino sketch.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm using Arduino 1.0.1, Arduino Uno and Labview 2011.

Thanks

Nashibiz

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 35
(3,417 Views)

We have a community just for Arduino applications. I would recommend posting a new thread in the discussion forum found in the following link, if you need additional assistance. You are more likely to receive a faster response, from users with Arduino experience.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-interface-for-arduino

If you are stuck on step 6 and have been able to successfully complete the setup until this point, you should be able to find the LVIFA_Base file in the following location:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LVIFA_Base

Here is the link where I found this information:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8C07747189606D148625789C005C2DD6

Regards,

Anjelica W.

ELP Engineer

www.ni.com/support

Regards,

Anjelica W.
National Instruments
Product Marketing Manager
FlexLogger and TestStand
0 Kudos