From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do 1D FFT for every row of a 2D array?

johnsasikennedy@gmil.com wrote:

I am new to labview.

Yes, we are aware of that. Still, your posts contain basically no information on what you actually want and your VIs make very little sense.

Please write at least a paragraph telling us what you actually want to do with all this..

johnsasikennedy@gmil.com wrote:

I need it urgent.

First you need to help us explaining things in more detail.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(670 Views)

i have time and amplitude in text file. i have to plot it in xy graph and after that i need to get fft for that graph with a frequency of 50 hz.

Sorry for my english. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(659 Views)

... and please make a decision where you want to discuss this (e.g. here or here). THere should be exactly one active discussion about the same thing.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(658 Views)

here itself 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(656 Views)

Hi altenbach,

Are u clear with my question???

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(654 Views)

If I understand correctly, you are starting with a text (spreadsheet-like) file of amplitude vs time and want to find how high the 50 Hz component of that data is, you don't care about anything else?

As I see it, you are going to have two problems here:

1.  The LV FFT function assumes that you have evenly-spaced points (your time axis) and you don't. You're going to need to fix that with interpolation.

2.  You have not read the LV Help file on the FFT function all the way down to the "FFT Details" part which will fix your other problem.

And what's the deal about "Waveform Graph"? I don't see any point to that one.

Help files are your friends. They really want to help you, please let them.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(615 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(571 Views)