From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display number from data gather from a webcam?

Im try to use the webcam to gather some information, to display the just the number in Labview from the webcam. Im using labview 2015 and also using the vision driver. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,293 Views)

What "number" from the webcam?

What does your webcam show you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,291 Views)

Hope More information required for this query?

Sharing code also will be good

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,274 Views)

From the webcam I want to acquire the display numbers that appear in the control system, and display only the number in labview. I have attach a picture that show the control system with red square.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,251 Views)

I'm not sure that I (and my eye) can see/distinguish the numbers in that image!

Are you trying to develop this yourself?  If so, attach your code (meaning the VIs, themselves) and provide a lot more information on the camera system, your LabVIEW experience and expertise, and your efforts so far.

If not, then this is the wrong Forum -- if you want to hire a LabVIEW Developer to do this for you, go to the "LabVIEW Developers Seeking Employment" Forum here.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,242 Views)

A better place to ask this question is in the Machine Vision board.

Sounds like you need to define a region of interest (ROI) and perform optical character recognition (OCR) on it.

The  vision module can do both of those things and the people who frequent that board can do a better job in describing how to set it up.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,239 Views)
Suggestions
First need to concentrate on camera focus which needs to capture only necessary range of interest
Else you should define the range of inteterest to do OCR
abc file needs to be created with trained set of characters

So it's better to divide your work into different tasks and try to know the basic functionality for each task by which you can do by your own risk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,221 Views)

Hello mundo_152,

I agree with Ravens Fan! this should go to the Machine Vision board. You should include some important informaiton about your system (For the New Post only😞

1. Camera characteristics (e.g Resolution, Sensor Type, Frame Rate, etc)
  2. Distance between the camera and the object.
  3. Size of minimum detail that you want to calculate (Is important for the FOV Calculation).
  4. Light conditions.

For the time being you should refer to this simple example of OCR: http://www.ni.com/example/30591/en/

Regards,

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,208 Views)