LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display 1 to 10

Hello Sensei,

My name is Mirza. I am currently new in LabView. I just come up with a simple idea to display number 1 to 10 using 7 segment display. I want the 7 segment display display and change number for certain delay. The problem i encounter is it just can display one number only. I dont know how to make it display next number. Someone please help me.

Hereby, i attached the Vi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,154 Views)

Why do LabVIEW beginners tackle issues that mix Logic and LabVIEW UI elements together?  Sigh.

So you have a 7-segment Boolean device.  What do you think of when you think about 7 Boolean elements?  [Hint -- it is a 5-letter word with only two consonants, both "r"].

However, you want these Boolean Elements to be "arranged" in a particular physical orientation (and possibly to have different sizes).  Have you learned about the LabVIEW data construct called a "Cluster"?  Here's one I made into a Type Definition called 7 segment LED (if I remember, I'll attach the TypeDef itself for your inspection):

7 segment LED.png

Here's what I suggest -- look at the functions on the Block Diagram that are associated with Clusters.  See if any of them suggest ways to vastly simplify the logic (??) you are, or should be, using.

Here's another suggestion -- try to never use the Frame Sequence!  Learn about loops.  Learn about Data Flow.  Learn to combine the two using Shift Registers and Tunnels (be sure to learn about the various types of Tunnels, and understand why the For Loop defaults to one type, and the While Loop defaults to another type).

Have you taken the LabVIEW Training that is mentioned on the first page of this Forum?

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(1,106 Views)