From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the instrument check

Hi,

While searching LabVIEW drivers of Anritsu 68247B, I found Drivers of Anritsu 68347B which also weren't certified by NI.

Unfortunately the drivers aren't working on particular instrument. As both instruments have the same specs and functionality so,

Can I use it if the instrument check is disabled?

If so how can I disable it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(880 Views)

I would have to see the "drivers".

But if that instrument drivers VI set was written using the NI Instrument Driver Design Guidelines. The "Initialize.vi" should have a Boolean input for both Reset and Check Instrument ID. 

That Instrument ID sends the IEEE488 common command *IDN? and checks the response

Set Check Instrument ID to False to disable that check

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 3
(842 Views)

One potential caveat is that drivers that support multiple models will most likely use the results of an ID query to base the set commands they will use.  Fairly often, I've seen commands be quite different between models, and the only way for the driver to know which set of commands to use is if there was an ID query.

Failing to do an ID query will result in the driver using some "common" set of commands that "commonly" don't work.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 3
(809 Views)