LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable cursor legend of a graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

in my application there is a graph with a multiplot cursor with its legend.

User moves the cursor and plot values are shown in the legend but I want to avoid user to delete the existing cursor or to create a new one by using the cursor legend.

It is possible to disable the run-time menu of the cursor legend? I've tried but without success. It seems that the only way is to create a custom cursor legend with plot values.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks all

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,210 Views)

In front panel, click on view then uncheck cursor legend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,206 Views)

also each time it is passing last values in next iteration. When it will run for  hrs then it will hang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,200 Views)

Please ignore last comment

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,197 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

In front panel, click on view then uncheck cursor legend

If I uncheck Cursor legend, it will be not visible. I don't want to make it invisible; I'd like the run-time menu of the cursor legend to be disabled

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,187 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sqrt(-1)

A hack way of doing it would be to put a decoration rectangle over that part of the graph and color it transparent.

Message 6 of 8
(4,181 Views)
i do not think you can do it with real legend you can hide Cursor legend then you have to design a indicator look like cursor
use property node and read cursor position for this indicator in this case you can have legend but you are able to disabled it
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,177 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

A hack way of doing it would be to put a decoration rectangle over that part of the graph and color it transparent.

Good!!! I didn't think about it.

First rule: think out of the box

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,176 Views)