LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable automatic recalibration of grids in waveform graphs?

Hi,

I'm using a waveform graph (oscilloscope). I initialise the scale / grids as I want them and disable all the autoscaling properties that I can find. However when I resize the window / graph (the graph is set to fit the pane), the background grid reset themselves to what LV decides is best. I can't find how to stop this automatic behaviour. The only fix I can find is to constantly reenforce the grid properties inside the while loop. But on top of being a dirty solution it also makes the graph fliker. Is there a proper solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Julien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,722 Views)

Can you post your vi or a screen shot?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,691 Views)

You could try using arbitrary marker spacing on the axes (right click an axis > Marker Spacing>Arbitrary), and then putting markers where you need them.

You can do this programmatically as below, to make things less arduous.

SNIPPET!.png

There may be a better way to do this, but this seems to work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,686 Views)

Hi,

Here it is. Not sure if it will help though...

All I do is format my display which works all fine until I change the size of my window.

I can fix the flikering by re-enforcing the scales only when they change (i.e. when I change the window size).

I turn all the autoscale functions I'm aware of by hand (right click on the front panel > properties > ...).

I've tried to do it programatically as well but without anymore success.

Basically it looks like there is no way to tell labview to not change the grid when set to uniform marker scpaing...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,655 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I thought about it as well and actually tried it exactly like that.

However it seems to me that there is no way to define the minor grid (which I'd like to keep). Do you know how to define the minor grid in arbitrary marker spacing mode?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,651 Views)

You can access the properties of the minor grid the same way as the properties you are modifying above:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvprop/3dgraph_axis_grid_gridminorvisible/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,627 Views)

Hi Shane,

The link you give is for setting the 'visible' property of minor grids in 3d graphs.

What I'm looking for is disabling the autamatic readjustment of grids (minor and major) in waveform graphs when the size of the display changes, or alternatively how to specify the minor grid in arbitrary marker spacing mode.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,615 Views)

Unfortunately, I can't see a way to do that without needing a hack.

The easiest way I could think of was to add another (hidden) scale whose major markers are set to arbitrary spacing and are coloured like minor markers. Then you have to worry about the two axes scaling together, which can be sorted either with property nodes or by duplicating your plotted data.

The attached VI demonstrates this (for the y-scale only).

It's not pretty, and I would be interested to know if there's a proper way of achieving the same result.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,593 Views)