From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to develop a Labview compatible video camera ?

Hello,

In my company, we are developing and building video cameras. Our cameras emit specific data on USB or GigabitEthernet, in a proprietary format . To reconstruct and display images, a proprietary software is needed.

However, some of our customers would like to use LabView for some tasks with the camera.

We would like to understand all the work that is needed to make our cameras compatible with LabView.

What should we develop as drivers/Windows Components/LabView VIs ? ? What version of LabView should we buy to test ? Since we really do not need LabView for our needs apart from that, are there specific low cost licenses ?

Such questions cover commercial and advanced technical details ; since we are not yet NI customers, I really do not know where is the best place to ask them.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,188 Views)

I think I would start with Sales. If you need tech answers, they'll send you to who you need to talk to. As far as what LV package you need, most of us do not work for NI, we could not tell you authoritatively.

If you really want to use this forum, I don't know how you were able to ask your question without hitting the "search to see if it has already been asked" page - when I typed in "video camera", I got 560+ hits. Certainly at least one of them was relevant.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,157 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Indeed, the "Sales" department got in touch with me and we started a conversation that will certainly give me the expected answers.

You are right about the "video camera" query on the forum, but I could not browse all the results, that were anyway related to using a camera, not adapting the drivers of the camera itself to make it LabView compliant.

Regards,

Pierre

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,146 Views)