LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create custom LabVIEW shortcut

Let's focus here on the possibility of custom LabVIEW shortcut creating. I have 4 years of LabVIEW experience but I never came across these edit time features. I'd love to have a custom shortcut for Toggle Selected Controls Label Visibility, Toggle Selected Controls Caption Visibility, Toggle Selected Controls Disable State (cycle thru the three options), Create Selected Controls Property Node, etc.

I can see Shortcut Settings in Options window, but you can't simply add new VI to it, and I have no idea how to make such VI (but I think VI Scripting is the way). I know you can add shortcuts to Quick Drop Item Dialog, that could be sufficient.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,133 Views)

That should be fairly simple to implement as a quick-drop shortcut. See this forum: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Quick-Drop-Enthusiasts/bd-p/grp-1251

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 3
(1,092 Views)

You can already toggle control/caption visibility on a multi-selection of controls, it's in the built-in right-click menu. For your other two requests, I recommend writing right-click menu plugins to implement those as opposed to Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcuts. As a general rule, context-sensitive operations on existing objects are usually better suited as right-click menu options than keyboard shortcuts.

Either way, if you do end up writing tooling for these features, I hope you share them with the community!

Message 3 of 3
(1,069 Views)