LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a time delay between the start of one simulated signal and another?

Solved!
Go to solution

ROFL!!!!

LOL!  😄 😄

Good one Dennis

I need a bit of laughter every once in a while..

Thanks..  I mean Kudos!

Message 11 of 16
(856 Views)

Hello,

I am a beginner in Labview and I want to do the same thing as you (Seitelmark): generate 2 delayed output signals on my cDAQ device. Do you have the code you managed to write.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(839 Views)

Hi Coy,

Have you done a search on the forum, there should be some examples posted.

Also, under the Help menu, you can search for examples.

Alternatively, you can describe what problems you are having.  And possibly post whatever code that you have developped so far.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(818 Views)

Hello,

thank you for your piece of advice. I read a lot of forum discussions and I saw many exemples (but maybe not the right ones or maybe I did not understand them) and I still do not manage to realise what I want to do.

I want to generate 2 square waveforms with the same frequency but the second signal is delayed from the first one by 1 µs. I would say that it is not possible because the maximum sample rate that I can obtain is 200 000 samples/s which is 1 sample every 5 µs. I assume that I can not get a precision better than 5 µs.

Here you will find my little code wich generates my 2 signals on a NI 9263 card. I am playing with the phase of my second signal but 5 µs is the shorter time that I can have between my 2 signals.

I was wandering if there was another way to write the code or to increase the sample rate (I am not very familiar with signal processing) or simply, it is not possible to do it with the devices I am using.

I hope it is clear enough.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(805 Views)

Hey Coy23,

There is no way to deterministically offset those signals without a faster DAQ module. Is there a reason that you want to use an analog output module to generate the square wave? If so, none of our cDAQ modules can sample faster than 100kS/s/Ch, the same as your 9263. In that case, you would need to move away from the cDAQ to something more like the PXI platform or some of our PCI cards. However, since this is a square wave, you can use the NI-9401 digital module for your cDAQ (provided there isn't some reason you want to use an analog output). That should be fast enough to get you the signals you want, but just barely. If you are going to need some headroom, you will likely need to migrate to a faster platform. Hope that helps!

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(791 Views)

Thank you for the answer. It confirms what I thought!

I know what to do now.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(781 Views)