cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a list/array off numbers with boolean attributes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Maybe the title doesn't explain this too well but what I'm trying to do I'd imagine should be straight forward, I just don't know how!

I want an array of numbers to be entered by a user, and for each of these numbers I wish to have a boolean, (it will select later what action is performed on that number)

The array size can vary

e.g.

element       Numeric Value              Boolean

0                       5                             True

1                       20                           True

2                       -5                            False

3                       10                           True

n                       100                         False

I don't see any list with numeric and boolean, maybe I just haven't spotted it or do I have to make it somehow?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks!

p.s. if anyone else is using Opera Browser to post here, hitting enter work properly for ye when entering text? For me it causes the cursor to go up one line instead of down! Drives me nuts! It only happens with this NI forum

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,054 Views)

Like this?

ne.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,052 Views)

Hi thanks for the reply, 

It not really what I'm looking for though. 

I require is a control that inputs both numeric and boolean,  as in the example I mentioned. I guess I'm looking for a cluster really but I thought there may be something more straight forward.

From the example I gave  

Element 0 of this array has been entered as a x, and the boolean True was entered (so I perform a "test" A on value x)

Element 1 of this array has been entered as a y, and the boolean True was entered (so I perform a "test" A on value y)

Element 2 of this array has been entered as a z, and the boolean False was entered (so I perform a "test" B on value z)

I could also use a 2d array were I enter another numeric value (0/1 for False/True) but I'm not sure I can limit this column only to accept 0 or zero and the first row any number.

I was hoping there would be some easier way to do this

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,041 Views)
I am not getting it clearly. Do you mean something like a comparision operation. You enter a number and wait for a boolean control and if it is true then do something and false then do something? Can you please clearly explain the inputs that you are going to give and the expected output?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,038 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ds_1
There is no control that has something you're looking for, but a simple array of clusters can work. The cluster would have a numeric and a Boolean. It's not the greatest interface, but you can make it a little better by hiding the index display for the array and making the scrollbar visible.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,034 Views)

Thanks,

I was working on the cluster too but was just afraid I was missing something, or that there already was such a control and I did know what it was called!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,030 Views)