LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a control?

Hi, I have created a vi, which is a radio button selections. I want to make it into a control, how do I do that?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,455 Views)
Unfortunately, regarding custom controls, you cannot do anything related to block diagram functionality.
If you need something to perform as a radio button (just functionality), try to use controls with similar 'outputs' (eg. menu ring, listbox with just one item selected, etc.)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,455 Views)
LabVIEW 5.1 and 6 already come with radio button custom controls. Look in Examples>General>Controls>Boolean.llb. These controls are really a vertical slide control.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,455 Views)
but I want to have different number of radio buttons due to different number of input. maybe this time i have 5 selection items from other VIs, I need to have 5 radio buttons. but the otther time, i may only have 3 selection items from the other vi, i will only have 3 radio buttons? how can I change the quantity of radio buttons according to different input?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,455 Views)
Here is my version of a radio button control. To add or remove buttons, right click and select visible items>text display. In the text display, right click and select either add itme after or add item before. Remember, this control is really a vertical slide with text labels and is modified in exactly the same way.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,455 Views)