LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy file in real time every 5minus from one PC to another PC through network LAN?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Labviewers,

Is there possible can labview automatic copy file every 5mins from PC1 to another PC in real time?

Let say in Lab room I have PC1 labview run in real time collecting data dump in folder c:\test\testing.xslx

Then in my office PC how can copy file in PC1 every 5mins. Is there possible Labview can be done? please help me in IV thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,535 Views)

@labvie061515 wrote:

Is there possible can labview automatic copy file every 5mins from PC1 to another PC in real time?

Yes.  Do you want to do this yourself?  Then learn LabVIEW (you'll need to "get beyond the basics").  Do you want someone else to do this for you?  If so, let them do it in whatever language they prefer (and be sure to pay them well).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,534 Views)

thanks Bob,

I would like to learn in Labview. Can you instruct me? thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,527 Views)

OK.  There are a number of sites with tutorial material (including Videos) -- I don't have a convenient list, but a number of other Forum readers (Uday -- where are you?) might see this topic and post the links.

After you spend time with the Tutorials, doing as many examples as you can, make up some simple tasks/programs and give it a try.  Recall LabVIEW's strengths -- Data Flow (which means you can do several things at once) and the ability to "talk to hardware".  There are numerous other languages that might be more appropriate for other tasks (for example, I wouldn't suggest learning LabVIEW if your goal was to write a Text Editor, though you could do it ...).

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 10
(3,518 Views)

Bob, do  you have labview code to start?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,510 Views)

On the main LabVIEW forum page, there is a section named "Getting Started With LabVIEW".  In this section are links to various LabVIEW training resources.  If you have an active SSP, there are some really awesome online courses you can take!  (If this is a company license you should probably ask permission first.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,497 Views)

@labvie061515 wrote:

Bob, do  you have labview code to start?

If you look in the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) you should be able to find a TCP/IP Client and TCP/IP Server examples.  Use those to learn how TCP/IP works with LabVIEW.  You might also want to have a look at the STM library.  It is a seperate install using VIPM, but it is free.  It helps to make the communications a little simpler.

Though, a simpler approach would be to just have a network location you can copy the file to every so often from the lab PC and then your office PC can just grab a copy whenever it feels like it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,441 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author labvie061515

How about something like this?

First map a network location to a "drive" in Windows. 

Then just use LabVIEW's copy file primitive to copy the file.

Wait five minutes.

Do it again.

5minFile.png

Yes this is the bare minimum and probably not the best way to do it as you can not stop the loop with the Stop Button once the Time Delay has started. But you can see it is rather simple if all you need to do is copy a file and you can map the location.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 9 of 10
(3,410 Views)

Excellent RTSLVU

This work for me.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,397 Views)