LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert the lower version code to the higher version?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi to all,

I have bought the Agilent DMM with LAN support. With this DMM they gave the examples in labview 7.x. But I will work the examples in labview 8.6. And also I have attached one example code which was provided by agilent. How can i change the code from LabVIEW7.x to LabVIEW 8.6?

Thanking you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,791 Views)

Just open the VIs in LabVIEW 8.6 and use them.

Did you try?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,788 Views)

As mentioned by dan_u it should open directly in LV 8.6 without issues .If not please post the vis in version control board

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,775 Views)

If it doesn't open directly, it's most likely that functions of the library (or dependencies) have their block diagram removed and therefore cannot be updated at all....

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,767 Views)

I have opened the vis directly in LabVIEW 8.6,  save and close it. But the vis call some subvi in the library file. If I open the vi and save it as LabVIEW 8.6. And I have four separate vis, all are call some subvis in the same library. If i open one vi and save it as LabVIEW 8.6, it also saves the library whichever it calls as a separate library. But i need only one library file which contain all subvis and the main vis separately. what can i do for this? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,764 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author solutions

Open the lvlib-file and save it in the newer version.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,757 Views)

Or do a mass compile (Tools > Advanced > Mass Compile...) on the folder containing the VIs and the llb.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,753 Views)

Are you using  'save for previous version' option from file menu and saving to LV 8.6?.That may not be needed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,751 Views)

S. I used the 'save for previous version' in LabVIEW 8.6 for main vis. And open the library file in LabVIEW 8.6 and close. Is it ok?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,737 Views)

Since you marked a reply as solution, i would expect the question to be answered correctly.

Note to "Save for Previous": Use this option if you want to save LV code for older versions. So this is nothing you use to update code for newer versions. Update works with opening and saving (which masscompile essentially does for all LV code in the given folder).

Norbert 

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,733 Views)