LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert tdms to standard bin?

Is there any tool to convert tdms files into standard bin files? I  would like to convert the tdms in a standard bin file to open and analyze it out of Labview. Converting the tdms to a sound file wave or aiff file would also work. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,803 Views)

There is no such thing as a "standard bin file". Binary files have a structure defined by the user. So you need to decide what kind of format you want, and then the "other application" will need to know this format so it can read it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,801 Views)

Thank you. The "standard" bin format I need has to include one single header of 1 Bit and must be 16 bits. Is there any tool available to convert tdms to this bin format? thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,754 Views)

@mcas wrote:

Thank you. The "standard" bin format I need has to include one single header of 1 Bit and must be 16 bits. Is there any tool available to convert tdms to this bin format? thank you very much.

That means absolutely nothing. 1 bit of what? What does the 1 bit represent? 16 bits of what? What do the 16 bits represent? Are you saving values as 16-bit numbers? As I noted, there is no tool to convert TDMS files to bin files since the format is user-specific. You need to use the Write Binary FIle VIs to generate your binary file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,744 Views)