LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert Subvi into Labview function

Hi,

I made costum vis of UDP Read and Write using dot net functions.when i tried to Make them reentrant. It is halting the application.

i want to run these vis in sepate thread.

Can you please tell me how can i convert  sub vi in labview fuction(like yellow one in Function pallet eg.Index arry or replace array).

Regards

Sandeep soni

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,780 Views)

From help

Adding VIs and Controls to the User and Instrument Drivers Subpalettes

Adding VIs and Controls to the User and Instrument Drivers Subpalettes

The User Controls and User Libraries palettes contain subpalettes for each directory, LLB, or palette (.mnu) file in labview\user.lib and icons for each file in labview\user.lib.

Save subVIs in the user.lib directory only if they are usable, without modification, across projects. Paths to VIs in user.lib are relative to the labview directory. Paths to subVIs you save elsewhere are relative to the parent VI. Therefore, copying a VI from user.lib to modify it for a special case does not change the path to its subVIs located in user.lib.

Caution  Do not save your own VIs and other files in LLB files installed with LabVIEW. Save your controls and VIs in the user.lib directory to add them to the Controls and Functions palettes.

Complete the following steps to add new VIs and controls to the user palettes.

1. Save the controls and VIs in the labview\user.lib directory to add them to the User Controls and User Libraries palettes, respectively.
  2. Restart LabVIEW. LabVIEW updates the palettes to contain the controls and VIs in the labview\user.lib directory.

The Instrument Drivers palette corresponds to the labview\instr.lib directory. Save instrument drivers in this directory to add them to the Functions palette.

Note  If you add a subdirectory or LLB to the labview\user.lib or labview\instr.lib directory and the subdirectory or filename begins with an underscore (_), the contents of the subdirectory or file do not appear on the User Libraries or Instrument Drivers palettes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,768 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,765 Views)