LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control position of pop-up window from Labview?

Hi, I am working on an application that require to pop-up a small window when mouse clicked for user to input data. Is there anyway we can control the position of the pop-up window or at least we can set it to be appeared where the mouse point to? Any help will be very appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,496 Views)
Is your pop-up a subVI? If so, you can control it by using property nodes.
Inside the subVI place a property node on the diagram (from the app control palette). Right click and select Select Class>>VI server>>VI. This will allow you to control the properties for the VI. Then, select the property Front Panel Window>>Panel Bounds and wire the proper values into it. You can also do this from the calling VI, but that's more complicated.

(3,490 Views)
Hi Tst, thank you for your reply. I could not create a property node for the subVI. How to get app control palette form block diagram? I have attached a sample vi which is similar to my application. Could you modify the code so that the pop-up window's position can be controllable? Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,474 Views)
The full name of the palette is Application Control. It looks like a hand with a platter with the LV logo on it. One of the VIs inside it is the property node. Place it on the BD of the subVI and continue what I described from there. You can right click the property and select Change to Read (or Change to Write in your case). After you select the property, you can right click it and select Help to get more details about it.

Tst, I got it. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,446 Views)